Sunday, December 16, 2012

They weren't kidding with the "unsettled weather" weather forecast for the weekend.  The sunrise yesterday was awesome.


When Dawn and I went grocery shopping, it started to rain (of course - it always starts to rain when we get groceries!)  On the way home, the rain on the windshield had bits of snowflakes mixed in it.  By yesterday afternoon, it was snowing at the house.



Then it started sticking.






That is about the most of the snow that we got.  I don't think anyone got hit really hard.  Shingletown had a few inches, but not too much, considering Redding was getting snow.

Last night was the company Christmas party.  Ralph and I got all dressed up!  AJ took pictures of us together, and then one of just me in my dress.  I love the dress and got tons of compliments.



The party was fun.  The dinner was good, and the company was great.  We had a fun table - a couple of the retired employees that I know (one I had worked with before Alex was born at my last bank - definitely have known her a while!)  I also had an employee from my department there - her first Christmas party at the bank.  A good combination!  The entertainment was good - they played "The Newlywed Game" with real newlyweds.  Fun, but..... I think everyone likes the entertainment to be similar to last year (Al and I were Sonny and Cher).

I did take some pictures of the gloves I made yesterday.  I'm using the ruffled yarn and adding it to the gloves.  They turn out really cute!  I like the other style for me - I like the added length to the glove (but my hands are larger than most, and the gloves aren't long enough!)



Friday was the Christmas Breakfast at work - I was up at 4:20 to get a quiche in the oven.  I took in goodies to work, and gave everyone a pair of the gloves, with the option to change out what I gave them for ones that they really liked for all the gloves I had made.  (I don't know what every one likes!!!)  A couple of people kept the gloves I gave them, the rest changed out for different gloves.  I'm glad I gave them the option.  They also got a snowflake, and a cup with Holiday Tea (except for Malorie - she got hot chocolate - she can't eat anything with citrus in it.)

No comments: