Sunday, December 30, 2012

Meredith and I had our own private quilt shop shop hop yesterday - Poor Ralph!  I left around noon to meet up with Meredith, and we cruised through two quilt shops, had lunch and went to Joann's.  I got home around 5:00.  The shop out in Palo Cedro - The Blue Iris - was having 25% off of everything  and the shop in town - Sew Simple - was having 30% off everything.  I didn't buy a lot - I'm nervous about finishing what I already have started without picking up new protects  but I did find some 'made by' name tags to put on the quilts I have finished.  The tags are so cute!  Now, to actually get them on the quilts.  I actually picked up more yarn than I did quilt stuff.  Joann's had 25% off all yarn, and I had a 15% off everything coupon, so....I saved money by shopping, really!

Since the quilt shops were having sales, I picked up another bag pattern.  Of course, I haven't even started the first bag pattern I had, but....I just might!  I have all the parts and pieces for it now, so I may just try to get it started today.  I had big plans but...I woke up with a headache, and boys scattered everywhere.  AJ had three boys here last night when I went to bed - I don't know how many of them are still here, but Dallas is sleeping on the couch in the living room, so at least one other guy is here.  I don't think I'm dragging out my machine just yet.  The headache has gone (thank goodness for prescription drugs!) but I'm not ready to wake up grumpy boys yet.

Still no word on the new HVAC unit.  We are running solely on pellet stove heat, which is what we did all of last year anyway.  It gets a bit cool in the back areas, but....it's fine. We are really hoping the home owner's warranty insurance we carry will pay for a new unit.  Otherwise, we may be running without a unit for quite a while.  The solar panel install took up most of our equity/savings/cash flow for a while.  Speaking of that - no word from PG&E on it either.  We are making energy while the sun shines, but it isn't doing us any food - it is all going to PG&E.

I finished up Dallas's knight's helm last night, after a few modifications   The size that I made for AJ was the adult size, and it was big,  I made the child size for Dallas, and it was close, but...I needed to take a few rows out of it - it came down too far on his head.  Then, I got it all put together, and had AJ and him measure where to put the buttons for the visor.  I should have done it myself!  Yes, I'm a self-confessed control freak, but in this case it was true - I put the buttons right where they said they wanted them, and then had to take them off and put them somewhere else.  It figures!  It was worth it though - he is so happy with it!  I noticed AJ put his in the laundry - as I said, it is big and it stretched out in the last week.  We are both hoping it shrinks back to normal when it is washed.  If not, I'll be making a new on for him, too, I think.

No comments: