Saturday, December 15, 2012


I woke up this morning, thinking of the tragedy in Connecticut.  I don't think I can even imagine what the families there are feeling or how they are coping.  The thought of something like this happening 'anywhere' is terrible - and it could so easily happen 'anywhere'.  My heart goes out to them.  Allison had actually been sick at school yesterday, so I had dashed down to get her around 9:00.  I had her at home with me when the news started breaking.  Such a comfort to know she was home safe with me.  

I'm slowly working my through my to-do list.  Last night, I wrote out the Christmas cards and envelopes.  I wrote up the Christmas letter on Thursday, so now I just need to print them out, put them together, get stamps and put them in the mail.  One more project complete!  I also sat down and made up a few more snowflakes, and then....I found several left over from last year (or ones I made this year and out out in the guest house - I forget!!)  That project may be as done as it is going to be.

I was supposed to be working with Randa yesterday to re-teach her how to crochet, but we cancelled because Alli was sick.  Her husband doesn't need exposure to any germs, he is very ill already.  I need to make up some more gloves, I think (and post of picture of the new ones!)  That is pretty much the end of my Christmas projects.  All I have left is the actual shopping.  I'm looking for suggestions for presents for Ralph - I think I have everyone else covered.  I just have to go get the presents (or wait for them to be delivered - the puppy toys are coming via Amazon.)  I hope to work on my quilt tomorrow.

Ralph took pictures along the way of the solar install.  Here is the roof before:


The materials (after we washed off the blood)


The rails being installed:


The panels being installed:


The finished project:


No comments: