Friday, December 21, 2012

25 years ago, Ralph and I stood in Hawaii together in the beautiful Honolulu Botanical Gardens and said "I do".  And we did, for 25 years and counting!  Happy Anniversary to us!

Since Ralph and I tend to travel in different time zones in the morning (I'm up at 4:45 with Allison, and he's on vacation this week and is sleeping in) he left my present and cards on the table.  I got a beautiful ring that fits perfectly on a finger I don't have a ring for!  We're planning a nice fancy dinner out tonight as well, assuming we aren't snowed in!


I'm hoping most of the mad rush for Christmas is done.  I still need stocking stuffers, but I will pick those up at Walmart tomorrow.  I have most of the other presents bought (since we are not doing a lot this year for Christmas!) I have one more  cowl to make, but they don't need it until New Years, so I'll work on that this weekend.  I have a request for a scarf today, but they didn't care particularly what kind of scarf, so I am taking my whole inventory in.  My glove inventory was hit pretty hard, so I made up 4 pair last night.  That should be all that I have to get done before Christmas.  I may need a few more things later, but....not in the next 3-4 days.

I left my house cleaner Randa a gift of a scarf and gloves yesterday, but also spread out my inventory on the table and left her a note telling her she could swap out what I gave her for something she liked better, since I don't always know what anyone would like.  Evidently she had a terrible time trying to decide!  We were supposed to get together last week to re-teach her how to crochet, but....that hasn't happened yet.  I think she may be a little more motivated now.

We are getting a lot of rain with this storm, and Alli's bus driver said that she was seeing a lot of flakes in the rain.  I-5 was closed last night when I came home from work, and the traffic cameras make it look like it is still closed - no tracks in the snow!  I check Susanville, and they don't have snow, so it looks like it is just in the mountains.  We are at 34 degrees here now, so it wouldn't take much to drop us low enough for snow.

No comments: