Thursday, November 01, 2012

We survived Halloween again this year!  This one seemed busier than most, even though I know it wasn't.  I still made cookies for Allison's classroom, I still carved pumpkins for work, I still made bookmarks for everyone, I still made something for the pot luck at work, I still dressed up for Halloween, and I didn't have to look far for the costume, since we were 'The People of Wal-Mart" - all the normal stuff, it just felt busier.  Maybe because it was in the middle of the week - we were all wishing it was Friday yesterday!  

My department did win the competition for dressing up - and there was some tough competition!  Place Office did Caddy Shack, the Buenaventura Office did Clue (from the board game), Payroll were witches and Churn Creek Operations were 'Sports Fans'.  Too much fun was had by all!  Photos were taken at work, but I didn't get a chance to send any home.  Maybe today I'll get some sent home so you can see the rest of the competition.

We didn't have very many trick-or-treaters last night.  The rain moved in in the afternoon, and I think it slowed down everyone from going out.  There are a lot of carnivals at the schools, etc. that would be nice and dry, so why wander around in the rain?  Most of the ones that I answered the door for were the older kids.  We have a ton of candy left!!!

Here is our Wal-mart cart:


Here is one co-worker Tami:


Our Hall of Fame (or is that 'Shame'?) with the words to the chorus of "The People of Walmart" video, surrounded by photos from www.peopleofwalmart.com.


Another co-worker Berneice - complete with a 'butt bump' - not her normal shape at all!!


A combo picture of LAS and Warehouse Department:


And just LAS - I think my pink hair is shown off quite nicely here.


No comments: