Thursday, November 08, 2012

We had out book club meeting last night.  Our book was "Hotel on the corner of Bitter and Sweet".  A great book, and we had some good conversations about it.  It was based on WWII, the Chinese and Japanese immigrants (first generation vs. second), Japanese interment camps, and the relationships of children of both cultures, discrimination, and belief in dreams.  The opening chapter started up with the discovery of items that had been put into storage by the Japanese being moved to interment camps, and the first box opened contained a parasol.  That became the theme of my bookmark this time.  They didn't turn out to be exactly Japanese parasols, but....they at least look like umbrellas!!


I get a 4-day weekend this weekend!  I'm taking tomorrow off, and Monday is a holiday.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Since I have to get up early to get Allison off to school, and Randa was here yesterday to clean the house, I will be free in the morning to craft or take the dogs for a walk (if it isn't raining - which is the forecast right now, but....it may change, it usually does...) or anything else I want to do.  I really want to play with my quilts - I get new fabric on Saturday  and it would be nice to be caught up on the new quilt before I get it, and....I want to use the table runner at Thanksgiving - I'm running out of time to get that done!  I'm off to Tulsa next week for a few days for the bank, and the week after that is Thanksgiving (and right behind that is Christmas - I'm in trouble!!)

No comments: