Tuesday, November 27, 2012

One more 'new to me' activity done!  I spent over an hour talking to a high school ROP class about Lending.  I go back Friday for an hour and half.  (The teacher asked if I had any videos or anything - I must need a little spice in my presentation!)  The bank is sending staff in to the classroom on a regular basis, with different people from different departments talking about their 'specialties'.  A couple of weeks ago (right before I went to Tulsa) an e-mail came out that they still needed 'some help' with the Lending area.  I volunteered to help - thinking I was 'helping' another Lender.  I found out last week that I was it.  Poor kids!  I read the book (very dry, and over emphasized areas that aren't that big a thing unless you actually go into banking, and glossed over things that people need to know just to be a good consumer.  Go figure!)  I was quite proud of myself - I worked up a lesson plan, including assigned homework and everything!  It went pretty well - there are only 5 kids in the class, so it was very much one-on-one, and they were good kids with some good questions.  (some questions not so much, but....they are kids.)

Once again, we had a full house for Thanksgiving.  I think the only one missing was Sarah, and she is now in Las Vegas.  In her place, we invited Lisa, Dave's girlfriend and Margene, Dallas's mom down to join us.  She is seriously missing the kids!  Dallas will be home from Pennsylvania for Christmas, and Allan will be home in February - with his new wife.  He's getting married next weekend.  Talk about a year of change for Margene!  It was a nice visit with all.  I don't get to see everyone that much anymore.  Jeff's boys are getting big - even Jake - he is finally getting a growth spurt.

No comments: