Monday, November 12, 2012

It has been a "marathon of movies" weekend.  Since I really don't want to do most of my chores, I've been holed up on the couch (or kitchen table if Alli won't share the couch) working on craft projects, watching movies.  Saturday I re-watched Mirror Mirror among others (I love that movie!) and yesterday was a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon.  I missed the end of the third movie - I fell asleep on the couch.  I gave up around 11:00 and went to bed.  I did finish up a little project (blue snowflakes for Meredith) and started a new one (a scarf).  

I hoped to finish my fox stole that I started in 2006, but.....I can't find the yarn for the tip of the tail!  I thought I separated what I needed for the project and put it all away together, but, low and behold, I didn't.  Of course, the yarn isn't carried anymore locally, and I had to order it on-line.  Joanns.com has it - $5.99 a skein, and only $5.95 for shipping.  Oh boy!  Lucky for me, they had a shipping special for Veteran's Day - $0.11 flat shipping.  So, of course, I had to order a couple of balls of thread in colors I can't get here too, right?  Now, to get everything else done on the stole so all I have to finish is the tip of tail when that yarn cones in!

Allison's room catches the afternoon sun in the winter.  I went to put clothes away yesterday - all three cats were sleeping in there.  In seniority order - Rufus on the bookcase, Picot on the bed and Indy on the dresser.  They were so cute!





I found the perfect spot for my new quilted table runner.  It's it great!!!


Last night was also a marathon cooking night.  AJ had three friends over, and I made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and biscuits.  (I made roasted Brussels sprouts for the adults too - the kids didn't touch them!)  I fried up about 20 pieces of chicken, and about 12 potatoes, and I think there were 6 pieces, one serving of potatoes, and one serving of sprouts left over.  After I went to bed, they polished off the homemade ice cream, too.  It took me as long to clean up the kitchen as it did to cook, I think!  I can hardly wait until they want breakfast (yes, they spent the night).

No comments: