Saturday, November 10, 2012

As I was pressing my last seam in my Christmas quilt top, I noticed a big problem.  Can you spot it????


For some reason, I sewed the last strip on upside down - the bear paws are pointing the same direction!!  Luckily, I noticed as I was pressing it, and made a quick correction.  Here is the finished project (finished so far as I have material.  I get more today!)


I also worked on the Fall table runner, As usual, I had help.


Not quite so usual, I had lots of help.  Good thing they are cute!


I finally got the off the material long enough to get it pinned out.  I had Koori (up on the couch pretending to be sleeping) Tank and Picot 'helping'.


With all the excellent help I had, I finished it last night!  I've very proud of this one - It looks so pretty!!  "Most" of the points match up and everything!


We had Margene, Dallas's mom, over for dinner last night.  She had been visiting in Minnesota for a week, but got sick enough that she had to change her travel plans at the last minute staying extra long in Minnesota.  I thought she might not have edible food at her house when she did get back, and I was right.  She said she opened the frig, and all the things that 'should have' been okay for the shorter visit, were not okay after the longer, unplanned, visit.  No one wants to go shopping after a full day of traveling!!! It was nice to have a chance to catch up with her over broccoli beef stir fry.  We both miss having Dallas around, but he will be home for a week at Christmas, and her other son Allan is getting married in about a month - we need to catch up more often!

No comments: