Wednesday, October 17, 2012

You know, I love sunrises and sunsets - I just don't like to see them from work!  This was the sunrise yesterday from my desk.  It won't be too much longer, and it will be dark when I go to work and dark when I leave work, and not because of the number of hours I'm working - that's happened before too!


Speaking of leaving work - I almost didn't yesterday.  Since Dawn moved in, she has been using the Camry to get around, and AJ has been using his motorcycle - which is what he was using anyway.  Now that it is a bit cooler in the morning, AJ is using the Camry on Tuesday and Thursday, since he has an 8:00 class (a bit chilly on the bike).  Dawn had an appointment yesterday, so I left the RAV with her and rode in with Ralph.  He even picked me up and took me to lunch!  Unfortunately, he forgot to pick me up after work.  He said he ran a quick errand, picked up All, and came home.  When he pulled into the driveway, he saw the RAV there and thought "Wow, Deni's home early today!" and then realized, that no, actually, she was going to be home late now!  Since he gets off at 4:00, he really picked me up right at 5:00, I wasn't late at all.  And here I was thinking that maybe we should ride share more often to save gas!

I started work on a bookmark for the book club - which is meeting November 7th.  The opening scene of the book references a Japanese parasol, and the book cover has one on it, so I thought I would try for one.  Instead, I got an umbrella - close, but not what I was looking for.  I need to modify it just a bit, I think!  Still, not too bad for the first try at it.

No comments: