Thursday, October 18, 2012

It was a days of ups and downs yesterday.  The ups - I knew that I was up for a promotion.  It went before the board on Tuesday, but....I didn't hear anything on Tuesday after the Board meeting.  Wednesday morning, my boss called and said the infamous 'we need to talk'.  Oh well.  Bummer.  But - he had a meeting, so would call me when he was free - around 9:30 or so,  At 12:15, I still hadn't heard anything from him, so I left for lunch.  I wanted to run a quick errand, and then do the shopping for the bank's honor box - it was empty!!  My errand was to get the oil changed on my car.  It took almost an hour!  Usually, I'm in and out in 15-20 minutes!  That means I'm now going to be well over my 'lunch hour' by the time I go shopping.  Oh well, my staff knew where I was, and they had my cell number if they really needed me.

When I got back ($110.00 later in food for the honor box!), of course, there was a message from my boss "before you go to lunch...."  Too late!  I called him and left a message that I was back, and then got involved with 'other stuff'.  I finally went to see him around 3:00.  I got the promotion!  Woohoo!  I'm now a Vice President for Redding Bank of Commerce.

That was definitely my high for the day.  I decided to stop at the store and pick up some shrimp and wine and make a celebratory dinner (shrimp scampi - yum!) last night.  When I pulled out of the bank's parking lot, I noticed that my 'check tires' light was on.  Oh well, it was probably my spare tire, I'll check it out when I stop at the store.  Of course, it wasn't the spare.  My right front tire was almost completely flat.  One phone call to AAA and they came and fixed it, but I didn't get home from work until almost 6:30.  Definitely the low for the day - but it was more than balanced by the 'high'!!

No comments: