Saturday, October 13, 2012

I'm stuck in a rut (again).  I seem to be just going through the motions and I need a plan!  I need inspiration!  I need to get off my butt and do something.  I think I get this way every fall.  By the end of summer, I'm ready for something different.  I can feel fall in the air - time to get motivated!

Speaking of motivating - we signed a contract to install solar panels for the house last week.  Gulp!  I hate the repayment part, but in the long run, the solar panels will really help.  Since we run our own pump for water, along with keeping the pool filters running and trying to keep the house(s) cool, my electric bill was over $500 last month,  Ouch!  The solar panels will reduce that, if not make it go away completely.  (I'm not counting on that part, but just cutting it down will help!)  The material should be here in a couple of weeks.  The panels are going on the guest house roof - the backyard has no trees, so they will always be in the sun - if there's no big cloud cover, they should be working!!

AJ's picked up a new hobby.  He's started making his own videos for YouTube.  He's bought quite a bit of equipment, moved his computer into his room, stole my black felt for a backdrop, and has me does sound pretty cool!  It's nice to seem him motivated by something that he wants to do, versus me telling him to get something done.

I'm off to my quilt class/club meeting today.  I finished the second quilt, but have not even touched the third quilt since July.  I get the material for the fourth quilt today.  When I was at Ronna's, I took a look at some of the quilts she has on display, and the one she is currently working on - wow!  I don't know how she finds the time to do that much quilting.  I haven't even found time for my little projects, and they are not nearly as complex.  Even the piecing for mine is pretty simple compared to hers, and we won't even talk about the actual quilting.  All I can say is "Wow".  Probably not happening here.

No comments: