Thursday, October 25, 2012

I won my bid on eBay for an old Singer machine:   http://www.ebay.com/Singer-306-K-Sewing-Machine  (I also just put my first link into the blog instead of just typing the web address - look at me go!!!)  I'm hoping it is a nice little machine that will sew a straight stitch for me and keep the tension correct - something my machine right now is not doing.  Mine won't sew over more than three layers of material either - not a good thing for quilting!  It should be here is a couple of weeks, so we'll see.

Poor Allison is sick.  She didn't eat breakfast yesterday morning, but that isn't unusual.  She now prefers to be up for a while before she eats, and that just doesn't work on school mornings when the bus comes just after 6:00.  Her teacher (and aides) know that, so they give her a snack once she gets to school.  She didn't want that either.  She also wanted to lay down in the morning - not something she usually does either.  Then, about 10:30, she threw up.  Poor thing!

It also happened to be a day that Dawn needed the RAV for some appointments, so I was stuck at work with no car.  Dawn had turned her phone notices off, so she didn't get my calls asking her to come pick me up, so I called Ralph.  He came over and picked me up and I took him back to work and used his truck.  He was missing a conference call at the time, but....as soon as he got back, the phone system at his office went out, so he didn't get much of the call anyway.  Not a good day there either!

I got Alli at school, and she threw up on the way to the truck.  Not good!  She was fine on the way home until I was just a minute or two from the house.  I had actually turned onto Granada, and she got sick again.  Poor thing.  She did this all afternoon - nap a little, feel a bit better, then get sick.  She is not going to school today!  And today was her class's trip to Hawes farm to the pumpkin patch.  She hasn't gotten up yet either - also unusual for her.  She just does not feel good!



No comments: