Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ralph and I tried out the restaurant at the Tucker Oaks Golf Course last night - the Sand Trap (of course - it is at a golf course!).  I've thought about going there forever, but just never made the effort.  Our subdivision backs up against the golf course, so the restaurant is just at the end of the subdivision.  Last night, for whatever reason, I suggested we go out.  Of course, this was after I already started dinner for AJ and Allison, so I fed them first, and then got Alli all set for an hour of 'babysitting' from her brother (which means he would listen for any loud crashes, other than that, she was on her own!)  Luckily, Dawn was due home soon, so Alli wouldn't be abandoned for long.  The dinner was very good!  I ordered the seafood basket, which was fried fish, shrimp, calamari, and french fries.  Everything was great!  Ralph ordered a very large steak (he even brought some home with him) and had a dinner salad (that was loaded with goodies) and a baked potato.  It is a nice little place - probably a dozen tables, and there is a separate bar area.  I have a feeling that if you go in more than twice, the waitress would be calling you by your first name.  Too bad it took us 11 years of living in the neighborhood to go and try the place!

Work was 'interesting' this week.  Lots of surprises and oddities - which are sometimes good and sometimes not.  I had to do quite a bit of research into how to do things.  (You want us to do what???) I do enjoy that part of the job, but I like a little more time, if possible, to test things out than I had this week.  I also scored high on the staff satisfaction rating this week.  Since I was researching 'stuff', I found a few things to enhance their workday, and changed some settings in some programs and streamlined some procedures.  Usually, whenever I change things, I get the "I liked it better the old way", but this week, for whatever reason, everyone liked the changes - what a shock!

No comments: