Sunday, September 30, 2012

Poor Allison!  She was minding her own business last night, spinning in the living room (after supervising Mom in the kitchen - dinner is late, what's the hold up?) and she fell.  No one was in with her, so we don't know if she tripped on something or just had a foot skid out from under her while she was spinning or what.  She was pretty shaken, and didn't look comfortable when we got her up and sat her in her chair, but....no big bruises or lumps or obvious broken bones or sprains.  She landed leaning up against the hearth.  She seemed to bounce back pretty well last night and ate dinner (when it was FINALLY ready!) with a good appetite.

This morning -  a different story.  She is limping very badly on her left leg, not wanting to put a lot of weight on it.  She can walk unassisted, but would rather be holding on to someone or something.  She still doesn't look real comfortable when she first sits down, but once she's been down for a while, she looks pretty normal.  I'm going to assume she is okay, and just watch her.  I gave her all the ibuprofen I had last night, so I'll pick some up at the store today.  That should help, along with moving around a bit.  We'll see how the day goes!  Poor baby!  This is when I really hate that she can't talk.  Is it her back?  (Remember, she was leaning up against the brick hearth!) Is it her knee?  Her hip?  Just a bruise, or something more?

I took the day off yesterday.  I went to the grocery store, and did the normal cooking and cleaning for the day, but other than that, I took the day off.  Alli and I (and occasionally AJ and Dawn) watched movies all day and I crocheted.  I had a scarf pretty close to done, and then I looked at it again, right before I went to bed and ripped 6 inches out - I should have quit working on it earlier - I was nodding off on the couch - not a good time to crochet!  It is a very pretty pattern, and it is yarn that I bought a couple of years ago, and never found the right pattern to make something with it.  It is a lace weight yarn with sequins - in a peridot green.  I don't know that I'll get it finished today - since I didn't do anything yesterday, I really need to do something today!  The good thing is that Randa was here on Wednesday, so the house is clean, I just need to do all those other things that I don't want to do.  I need to work on my last quilt, but for some reason didn't feel like it yesterday.  Today I would like to go to the Ducky Derby at the park - they are having an "Art in the Park" display today, and if we go in early (it is supposed to be 102 today) it should be fun.

No comments: