Friday, September 07, 2012

Another birthday has come and gone, and I don't feel any older!  I got some nice phone calls for my birthday, lots of comments on Facebook, and my co-workers had a potluck lunch for me - yum!  Even my "little" brother called - I haven't talked to him since July when we went camping.  I was partying too hard at work though, and missed a meeting I was supposed to attend (it wasn't my fault - they tempted me with berry cobbler and homemade ice cream!)  Luckily, no one at the meeting seemed too bent out of shape - lucky since three of the people in the 6 people meeting are all either an SVP or and EVP - not someone I want to think of me as a slacker!  The meeting was a 'debriefing' of the conference I attended last month.

Wednesday was the book club meeting at my house.  Luckily, Dawn was able to do a bunch of the prep work for me while I was at work.  She made the ice cream for me, and got the oven fired up and put the  enchiladas in before I got home - a huge time saver for me!  The book wasn't that great (I can say that - I chose the book!) but the bookmarks seemed to go over well.  Dawn even stole one, and she didn't read the book!  The book for next month is "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford.  I've ordered a copy through Amazon, and it looks good!

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  This week has been so busy between getting ready for the book club, scouts, my birthday, and just keeping the house running - I'm ready for the weekend!  Saturday is my quilting club, and I haven't even cut out the material from last month.  I haven't touched my sewing machine in a couple of months.  I'm in trouble!  I do want to sit down and quilt, it's just finding the time to do it.  I'm taking a vacation day next Friday, but I'm going to Susanville after work on Thursday, then to Reno on Friday, and I have a Eastern Star meeting back in Susanville on Saturday - my last meeting for this year.  No time that weekend to sew.  Maybe I'll dig out some time this weekend?

No comments: