Sunday, August 05, 2012

We had some beautiful weather yesterday.  We ate dinner outside on the patio - not something that usually happens in August in Redding!  We also went to the movies - something else that I don't usually do!  Dawn, the boys and I went to see 'The Hunger Games".  Dawn had seen the movie before, and read the book after seeing the movie.  I had read the trilogy, but not seen the movie.  The boys hadn't done either.  I also invited Meredith and her family to join us (at the cheap theater - $1.50 each!)  She and Emma joined us for the 3:45 showing (they had seen it before.).  After the movie was over, I invited them over for dinner - impromptu tacos.   It was fun talking the move over with the boys and Dawn (waiting for Meredith to come).  Dawn wants to read the rest of the trilogy, so I had to be careful about the 'spoiler alerts'.  Like most good trilogies, the first book sets up a lot of things for the next books.  The movie was good, but it was nice to have read the books first, there was so much (of course) that couldn't be show in the movie.  We had a great discussion during the evening - fun!

Our nice weather held up this morning - it was nice and cool.  The clouds were beautiful around 7:30 or so - still nice and cool outside.



While I was out there, I thought I would show how badly my flowers did this year.  I really think there is something wrong with this pot.  I planted it twice, and they still died.


The box right below it is still alive, but not thriving.


The box planted at the same time that is out by the pool IS thriving - go figure!


I got a bird seed feeder this spring and put it out in the front yard.  It also didn't thrive - none of the birds ever found it, and the plastic eroded in the sunlight and the seed holders fell off.  Never mind, the pole is still good - a perfect hummingbird food holder!  I put is out in the rocks by the fountain in the back, and they love it!  Check out the guy on the right.



Maybe the other one is better???


No comments: