Sunday, August 12, 2012

I think when I go to the coast this week, I'm going to run around in shorts and a t-shirt just to feel "cold".  It is HOT here!  It was supposed to be 106 yesterday.  I didn't see the final high, but it was up there close at least!  Meredith and the girls (Emma and Carolyn) came over for a swim and dinner.  The girls played video games with AJ and Dallas, and Meredith, Ralph and I watched for meteors.  I was eaten up by mosquitoes, but we saw quite a few.

The house was full of kids this weekend.  I don't know if the girls were here because I have a pool, or because I have teenage boys here.  There is also the possibility they were here because I have internet.  Meredith's internet has been down this week.  Meredith was worried they were outstaying their welcome, but I told her they weren't - it was nice to have girls over.  Girls actually 'chat' with me.  The boys aren't quite so good at that.  We have some good conversations, don't get me wrong, but the girls were fun to float around in the pool with and just chat.  (The boys are more apt to be splashing each other in the pool than floating around talking - boys will be boys I guess!)

When I wore my black and white scarf the other day, Marie from daycare loved it, so I told her I would make her one.  I had some yarn on hand that was a dark pink/purple blend, so I made that up for her, but she is much more of a 'pinky' girl than that, so I picked up a different pink yarn and whipped another one out.


I had a little help taking the picture....


I went out to get the paper yesterday, and the tracks on the walk from this snail were just too cool.....


With the fire over in Lassen Park, the sunrise was red yesterday morning.


This is supposed to go over a kitchen 'scrubbie', but since I don't have one of those, I think it will be just a plain old washcloth.  Since it is a sunflower, it will probably go to Mom's house anyway, so who knows how it will be used.

No comments: