Sunday, August 26, 2012

I opened my birthday present early, and made homemade ice cream for dessert for Dawn's birthday dinner last night.  It was wonderful!  (and it was so easy - this could become a really bad habit!)  I had been thinking about getting an ice cream maker for a while - ever since I got my Kitchen-Aide mixer (they have an attachment to make ice cream).  Not too long ago, I started doing more research, and decided I didn't want one - the good ones were way too expensive!  Most makers require the bowl to be frozen 24 hours before each use.  I don't always have room in my freezer, or what if I wanted two batches??  Then, last week, I had the best idea yet - Ralph used the reward points from one of our credit cards!  That took the price down on the expensive model to what we would pay for one of the 'more reasonably priced' models.  And then, it came in early, and then it was Dawn's birthday....I just had to open it!  Good idea!  It is a Cuisinart ice cream maker that has the freezer built in to it.  Wonderful!

I'm off today to San Diego - I think I have everything done before I leave.  I spent most of yesterday running around and cleaning.  I still have to pack, but that is about it.  I'm being picked up at 11:00 this morning.  My biggest decision - what project to take with me?  I finished up my doily last night - or as much as I can.  I ran out of thread 3/4 of the way around the last row.  I checked all of the stores here in town that carry thread, and no one has the Aunt Lydia's Copper Mist thread right now.  I'm bummed!  Do I rip out the last row and use a different color (and what would that be??) or just wait until I can find more thread?  I think I'm going to wait.  I'm hoping to get to Reno in September for Knit and Crochet show, and the Ben Franklin store then should have it,  If not I'll wait for a 'free shipping' day on one of the on-line stores and order it.  Eventually.  Bummer.

No comments: