Saturday, August 25, 2012

I made it through the week!  I wasn't too sure at times, but.....here I am!  This 'back to  school' stuff is tough on Mom's too.  Alli seems to be adjusting fine - I'm the one that is running around tired all the time, I think.  So far, school is going well.  At least, not a lot of notes home to us anyway.  By Wednesday, they had a new bus schedule for Allison - instead of being dropped off at 5:00 (even though the driver said it would be 4:45) she is being dropped off closer to 3:45.  Much better!

Yesterday started at 4:45 a.m. for me, and off to work by 7:00.  I got in from work around 8:30 p.m..  A long day!  My department was responsible for refreshments for the monthly staff meeting this month, and, since this is the Bank's 30th anniversary, 'they' decided we should all be at work at 7:45 on Friday before the meeting for a group photo.  No big deal, but that meant we had to have everything set up for refreshments before that!  I got to work at 7:10, and (with help from the department) got everything set up at 7:44.  Whew!  (And then, the photographer didn't show until 8:00)  Then, after work, we had a bridal shower for a co-worker.  I had spent my lunch hour on Thursday running around getting stuff for both activities, and then had to set up for the party between 5:00 (when the bank closed) and 5:30, when everyone showed up.  Everything went well, so it was all good - but I'm tired!  I was tired, but not sleepy - I watched TV until midnight last night, crocheting on a doily.  Then, of course, Alli was up at 5:30.  It's going to be a long day!

Our floor has its first casualty.  One of the dogs threw up sometime during the day, and it just had to be on one of the seams.  Oh well, it was going to happen anyway, but.....I was hoping to put it off for a while.  Two seams right in front of the couch are turning up.  Hopefully, it isn't too noticeable to anyone but me!

I'm off tomorrow on a business trip - I'm off to a conference in San Diego Sunday - Thursday.  It should be a fun trip - there are 6 of us going from the bank.  I have a chance to get "certified" in one of the programs I use at work - I'm looking forward to it.  I don't think Ralph is quite so excited about me leaving.  He'll be fine, but it is always stressful for him.    I've left him a list of what I do, what I pack in Alli's lunch,, etc.  he'll do great!

No comments: