Friday, August 03, 2012

I had a surprise visit from the HR Manager yesterday.  It's never (or hardly ever!) a good thing when HR stops by my desk - usually it means I did something wrong, or am late on a report or something.  This time, it was a little different.  Donna had parked next to me in the parking lot, and noticed I had a nail in my rear tire.  This was a good visit from HR! Well, sort of, at least.  I wasn't in trouble on the job, but now I had a tire I needed fixed.  I have free flat repair from Les Schwab on my tires, so I ran it over at noon.  They had a 3 hour wait-time.  I have a 1 hour lunch - they don't quite match up, do they?  I called Ralph, and he not only ran over to pick me up, but we went out to lunch at Casa Ramos too!  I was a bit late back from lunch, but it was worth it.

It turns out that they actually had longer than a 3 hour wait, and the RAV was ready at 4:30.  There was a bit of a problem with that too - Ralph gets off at 4:00, and I was the only one staffing the department yesterday after 4:45.  It worked out, barely - Ralph left work a little late and picked up Alli then came and got me and dropped me off at Les Schwab's.  I grabbed the RAV and rushed back to the office and got there at 4:44.  Whew!  In the mean time, I was also trying to work through a major upgrade on one of the software program we use.  As it was, I had to leave the  upgrade only half done.  I had an appointment at 5:15 for my nails, and couldn't get everything all done at work.   I need to go in earlier than normal today to get the upgrade done before anyone needs the program.    I'm ready for the weekend!!

No comments: