Saturday, August 18, 2012

I didn't do much more on the blog yesterday than post pictures - it's all I really had a chance to do.  I made a big mistake by not bringing the "good" camera on the trip.  All the photos were from my phone, and it isn't the best for photos.  Don't get me wrong, for a phone, it takes great pictures, but it is still a phone first.  The 'good' camera would have been so much nicer to have.  Not to mention the fact that it is easier to get the photos off the camera than it is to get them off the phone,  I had to e-mail each picture home, open each e-mail and save the picture onto the computer.  I took almost 100 pictures!  It took all morning just to get the pictures on the computer and then I had to straighten them.  Every single picture I took was tilted a bit - some more than others.  I missed my camera!

The trip was good - good weather, good company, nice walks on the beach and in the trees.  I miss the coolness of the coast - I love walking in the mist in the big trees, and on the beach.  I wouldn't want it all the time - I love the sunshine, too (and you don't get much of that there) but I do like to get my "beach fix" every once in a while.  I need to do it more often - if Crescent City wasn't 4 1/2 hours away, it would be easier.  Even Eureka is 3 hours away - a bit long for a 'quick trip'.

Alli sure enjoyed the ocean.  She had fun in the sand on the beach long before I got her down to the water.  Once she knew she could actually walk in the water without me telling her to get out, she had a blast.  I couldn't keep her out of it!  Mom and I wandered up and down the beach looking for shells (of which I found exactly 1!) and then for pretty rocks - and we didn't find very many of those.  Alli trailed behind us, walking in the water.  We walked for over an hour, and she was still having fun.  Her feet were probably numb, but she was having fun!  The beach she was walking on is a very protected beach, and very slowly sloping out.  Very little danger for her - I was just worried that she might trip and fall due to the currents, and then I would have to wade out in the cold water to get her up.  She did good though - no falling - at least on the beach.  She did fall on our walk in the trees, and has a very nice bruise on one knee.  Poor baby!

No comments: