Saturday, July 14, 2012

Vacation time!  Yippee!  Of course, no one told Allison it was vacation time, so we were up at our normal time.  She actually did sleep in a bit, but I stayed up way too late last night reading, so it felt really early this morning when I heard her get up.  That's all right - I've been bumming around this morning - I need to get going.  I have my quilt meeting this morning (really - it really is THIS weekend!) and then my normal shopping, and then a fun shopping trip - we are going to a friend's 50th birthday party tonight, and I need to put a present together.  I'm getting a gift card for her, but I would like to have a little better presentation than just in a card for her.  I also need to clean up a bit around here.  We'll see how I do!

I'm also going to be making an unplanned road trip.  I think (the plans are still under construction) I'm headed to Washington tomorrow to move a friend down to Redding.  I already told her that part of my vacation plans was to clean up the guesthouse, so she will have to take it as it is for now,  She can help me clean it up!  It isn't particularly dirty (no more than usual!) but it is very messy - I still have piles out there from my floor project and the bookcase project.  That's what I get for putting it off (or rather, that's what SHE gets for me putting it off!)  You'd think I would know better.

I want to post pictures of the afghan I have started.  It is coming along very well - slowly, but it is so cute!  I was worried that it would be boring because it is all single crochet, but the color changes make it anything but boring.  Frustrating, perhaps, but not boring!  I'll try to get a good picture of it today.

I may be paying for my floors for years to come (that's what you get when you go over budget!) but they are soooo worth it!  Last night, Allison had a diaper issue, and instead of scrubbing the carpet by hand, and dragging out the carpet cleaner, etc., at 10:00 at night, I just had to wipe up the floor - love it!  Now, if I could only get her to go to the bathroom for a diaper change.  She was doing pretty well on that for a while, but she started backsliding.  Oh well, at least it is easier to clean up now.

No comments: