Monday, July 02, 2012

One thing about having pets - you are never alone!  Even folding laundry, someone will hang out with you.  Unfortunately, they will also sit on your clean laundry if you don't watch them.  In this case, Rufus hardly ever plays in the basket (I think he thinks he is 'above all that') but yesterday he just moved in.

\\


He is such a sweet thing - he really is too refined for all that stuff!

I got a lot accomplished yesterday.  I got up early and started laundry so that it was all drying by 10:00, and I went out while it was still cool and started cleaning up my new rock area around the pool.  The boys dug out all the grass sometime around Memorial Weekend, but didn't do anything since.  The grass, of course, had started growing back.  I went out with my hoe and attacked it!  I quit there around 10:00 too, because the heat was starting to creep in.  I also got the guest house arranged a bit so that the new bookcase could get moved in.  Yippee!  Progress!!  AJ came home from the neighbors, and we put the weedblock down on my freshly hoed dirt, and hopefully today they will get the timbers down.  Bringing the rock in will take a while, but at least the weeds won't grow back in the mean time.  AJ and I took a nice cool swim after working in the heat - so nice!!!

No comments: