Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'm baaack!  I made a flying trip up to Puyallup, WA, Sunday, and home again Monday.  We loaded up the RAV with everything we could of Dawn's, and moved her lock, stock and barrel down to Redding, including Tank, the Norwegian Elk-hound.  The trip up was beautiful - I took off around 6:00 a.m., and the sun was coming up on Shasta Lake when I got there - beautiful!  The drive through Oregon was nice - a bit of rain, a lot of clouds - very refreshing after coming out of our 109 heat last week.  I think it would be depressing to stay there for long, but it made a nice change for a day or two.  Puyallop was pretty - much bigger than I thought it was.  Dawn and I went out to dinner at her favorite place, and the food was wonderful!  We went to bed early and were up before 5:00, and on the road by 6:30.  Not bad!  I was beginning to wonder if I was gong to get everything in the RAV.  It didn't look too bad at first, but every time I went back to the house, there was another couple of boxes or bags at the top of the stairs!  We managed to fit everything in, and still leave a spot for Tank.  I kept telling him that if he wasn't so fat, we would have more room!  (Tank is going on a serious diet, really!)


Ralph got a new toy yesterday, too - a tray to hold his helicopter controls. He's been practicing at work everyday at lunch with a co-worker, and is feeling pretty confident!

No comments: