Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I made a dent in the guesthouse!  (Cleaning it that is -  not a real dent!)  I had plans to straighten it up this week while I was off anyway, but now I REALLY have to clean it up - Dawn couldn't even walk into the living room.  I got the books sorted out and on the new book shelf - and hauled 5 bags of books to Salvation Army, along with a bag of old kids video movies (ones that my kids didn't watch anyway) and some clothes that I had pulled out a while back to go.  I got part of the garage cleaned out too!  The only bummer - the Salvation Army that is less than a mile from me isn't taking donations - I had to drive to the west side of town to drop them off.  Today I hope to get the kitchen area straightened up.  After that, she may be on her own to do it!  I need to clean up more in the garage so we can pull out some stuff (camping gear, etc.) so she has a place to put her stuff!

I planted (replanted, actually - they really do need water!) flowers around the patio, and cooked a roast for dinner,  It was cool enough here I could use the stove.  All that, and I even sat down for a few minutes and worked on a doily.  A good day!  Dawn and I took the dogs for a walk - here's a picture of Tank - a handsome fellow! 


Tonight is the book club meeting at my house, so I hope to get the house cleaned up this morning, along with the patio area.  I also found that I didn't finish a project for tonight.  I meant to make the flip-flop wine glass coasters for tonight.  I have the bottoms all done - I just didn't put the straps on them (and weave in the ends - that takes longer than making the straps!)  I have that on my to-do list as well.  Better get moving - I'm behind already.

No comments: