Friday, July 20, 2012

I found the cutest frog when I was cleaning up the yard for company Wednesday.  I very carefully cleaned up around him, and he stuck around for quite a while, letting me take pictures, and move around him.


Here's a close up of him:



Allison had her first therapy session yesterday - she had a blast.  I'm not so sure about the therapist.  Alli is so different than most kids, it's hard to adjust (quickly) to her style of learning.  The very first thing the therapist started with was have her stretch an exercise band.  She showed Alli what she wanted to do, and then handed it to her to do it.  Alli didn't even take the band.  It wasn't anything interesting to her.  The therapist then 'helped' her stretch it - with my help, we put it in Alli's hands, and the therapist stretched it out.  Alli's hands just road along for the ride - she wasn't stretching it.  So much for that idea.

We moved on to other things, and with each new adventure, the therapist came a little closer is figuring out how Alli worked.  The biggest clue was when she wanted her to step up on a step, and lift one leg up after stepping up.  Really?  This I gotta see!  The first time 'we' tried to get Alli to step on the step, she actually rolled over the top of us to the floor rather than put any weight on the foot on the step.  That, I've never seen her do.  We did eventually get her to step up on the step and step back down,  Once she had done it a couple of times, it was no big deal.  The hard part is getting her to figure out what we want her to do.  I think that was the clincher for the therapist - she can't 'model' behavior - she can't see someone do something and then do it herself.  She has to be physically moved through the behavior - tough to do sometimes!  All in all, it was a successful hour, and Alli took a nice long nap in the afternoon.

Dawn and I took a walk in the evening yesterday - I had Alli with me in the morning, and couldn't go for a walk while it was cool.  When AJ got up and could have watched her for me, it was already too hot to go for a walk.  The sunset last night was beautiful!



And.....the blackberries are ripe!  I ate quite a few on the walk - I need to bring a bag to put some in, but I keep forgetting!

No comments: