Sunday, July 01, 2012

Happy July!  The first half of 2012 is done - I can't believe it.  When I was moving things out to put the floor down, I found all my UFO's (unfinished objects) that I said I wanted to finish this year as my New Year's Resolution.  Guess what - it hasn't happened!  Not only that, but in just the last week, I've bought two more skeins of yarn and bought a baby afghan kit.  Not to mention the downloading of several new patterns.     


I heard from a friend that Tuesday Morning - a store I had never been to - had yarn on sale.  That caught my attention!  I stopped by lunch, and picked up a couple of skeins.  The selection wasn't great (I was at the tail end of the sale!) and the types of yarn are ones I've never heard of, but....I thought I'd give it a try.  I spent most of that evening trying to unravel the skein so I could use it.  I got my ball winder out (which was hidden in all the stuff I had unloaded to put the floors in - it took forever to find what box I put it in!) and the yarn knotted up immediately.  Hmmm - I should have started with the yarn swift, you think???  I dug it out (which was easier to find at least!) and then tried to figure it out.  I've never actually used it before, but it went together pretty easily and worked like a charm (which was great because I had no instructions for it!)  I got the yarn all untangled and wound up in a ball, and started working on a swatch, jut to see how it would work out.  Not too bad!  It has a nice feel to it too.

Yes, the leg in the upper right of the photo belongs to a cat - he just had to 'help'!
Since I had to look so long through boxes the other night, I decided yesterday that I needed to finish unpacking what I was going to bring in to the house.  I had all my 'craft stuff' on the table as AJ wandered through.  "How come you have a naked barbie?" he asked.  Good question - why was she naked? - because I bought her specifically to try on clothes that I made for Rachelle's dolls (which explains why she isn't the prettiest barbie, and why she has purple legs - I think she must have been on sale!) , so once I made her clothes, I gave them away.  I think I even gave Rachelle the original outfit she was wearing when I bought her.  So....yesterday afternoon while watching the Giant's game, I made her a little dress.  It worked up so quickly, I'm thinking about making another one for Rachelle's dolls!
Should I have been working on a UFO?  Of course! but I didn't.  I should have been doing lot of things, but...I didn't.

No comments: