Sunday, July 08, 2012

The day off in the middle of the week sure messed up my poor little brain.  By having two "Mondays" in the week, my internal calendar was all wrong.  I texted Meredith Friday night to see if she was in town, and was going to the quilting meeting on Saturday.  Since she had been in and out of town most of the last month, her calendar was messed up too.  Yesterday was the FIRST Saturday (it sure felt like the second, really!)  Quilting is on the SECOND Saturday of the month.  When I got to the quilt shop, and there was only one car there, I checked my calendar......oops!  I tried calling Meredith, but she was already on her way.  One other confused soul showed up for our non-meeting, so we had a nice chat and a show and tell in the parking lot, so all wasn't lost.  I have the backing pinned to my quilt, so maybe I will have some of the quilting actually done at the real meeting.  After our non-meeting, I went on my merry little way with my normal chores.  After they were done, Alli and I took some time off in the pool.


She likes to hang on me in the pool and have me bounce her or pull her around, or push her through the water.  Yesterday, she got me when I was down in the deep and and was doing her best to push me under the water.  Ralph tossed me an extra floaty, and I was able to keep my head above water at least.


I tried to get her to use the floaty, but met with minimal success.  She is much more interested is using Mom as a floaty!


She did have fun though, regardless.




I finally figured out what I am doing for bookmarks for the book club.  The book we read this time (19 Minutes) didn't lend itself to any specific bookmark.  It was a good book, but a bit depressing. So - we get watermelons for summer!  The one on the left is the first one I made.  I wasn't happy with the 'seeds' so I experimented a bit more, and came up with the other two - much better!  The beads look much more like seeds now.



Also, I got my afghan kit I ordered yesterday - it is the Jungle Buddies afghan that I want to make for a co-worker.    Here is a picture from the website - marymaxim.com.
Jungle Buddies Blanket ()

It is all single crochet, with lots of color changes.  I got it started yesterday, but I didn't get very far.  It is a really cute pattern - I can hardly wait to get it going.

No comments: