Saturday, June 02, 2012

Deep breath...hold it......let it out slowly.....it's the weekend.  Relax.  No time tables.  Nowhere to be at a certain time.  No schedules.  :)  A nice free weekend - what a luxury.  Not that I don't have lists of things to do, they just don't have to be done by a certain time.  I still woke up at 4:30.  Allison still got up at 5:30.  But, we didn't have to jump head first into the day.

I finished up a baby present "package" last night - an afghan, a rattle and two pairs of baby booties.  I hope to get pictures of it today.  I'm a bit later than I wanted to be - it is for a co-worker, and she has already left work on maternity leave.  I am ahead in at least the baby hasn't come yet!!  I think that is the last of my UFO's for other people.  Now they are all projects I started for me!  I need to go through my projects and see what I do have started and see what I will actually finish, and what can just be recycled into a new project.

AJ has a house-sitting job this week.  A friend and family are going to Tahoe for the week, and he will be babysitting the house, two dogs, and, it sounds like, he get to be a midwife for some fish.  Meredith is worried that may happen while they are gone.  Could be an interesting job!  We've never had baby fish, so it will be a new experience for him.  He has me stocking up on his favorite foods for the week - corn dogs, cup-a-soups, cokes, Cheetos, Lucky Charms, and ice cream.  I think he is planning on coming home for dinners, so we will see him throughout the week.

It has been over 100 degrees the last two days, and we are forest for mid 60's by Monday, with rain.  Not that I'm complaining (too much) about the cooler weather, but really?  Rain?  A 40 degree drop in the temps is just odd for summertime in Redding.  Oh well, at least it didn't rain at all the graduations (like last year!).  Dallas graduated Thursday night, so he is now college bound.  It will be odd not having my 'second son' here all the time.

No comments: