Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And now, for the rest of the story!  After Mom had shown me her blue jay nest, we wandered outside and talked for a while, looking at Mom's yard, and then Dave came by, holding a cat.  A very unhappy cat.  A cat that really, really, really wanted down.  Dave took George (named for Curious George) inside and closed the door, leaving him inside.  Unusual - what happened???  Dave had gone back out by the nest, and found George with one of the babies under a bush.  He made George drop the bird, and took George inside, and was headed back to find the baby and put it back in the nest.  It became a bird hunt in the bush!


Mom caught the baby!



Dave put it back in the nest.  (Dave sure looks a lot like my Dad in this picture!!)


Not long after, Dave went back out, and ALL the birds were out of the nest.  We never did see or hear them in the bushes or trees, but Momma and Papa Jay were still hanging around, so they had them hidden somewhere.

Here is another "new" piece of furniture.  It's final destination is the guest house, where it will replace one decrepit bookcase there, and also hold the small TV that is there.  The problem is, I still can't get it in the guest house.  I spent most of Monday (a day off for me) moving 'stuff' back into the house and reorganizing my house.  I still have a lot of "stuff" in my way in the guest house to clean out.



I did have help (again) with my boxes while moving things back into the house.  I usually have some sort of help around here, especially if it involves a box!

No comments: