Sunday, May 06, 2012

What a nice day yesterday!  I had my normal running around in the morning, and then in the afternoon, I finished the afghan!  Ralph got a new BBQ this last week, so he and Larry put it together on Friday, and Larry and Pat came over for dinner last night.  We initiated the new BBQ with salmon - the first time Ralph has grilled it.  He also had the old BBQ set up, and grilled asparagus on it - another first.  It was all sooooo good!  The fish was cooked just right, the asparagus was tender, yum!

Poor Alli - something happened for her at dinner, and I have no idea what it was.  I was feeding her first, and she devoured her salmon - licking her fingers good salmon.  So, I got her another piece.  She refused it.  Not only did she refuse the salmon, she refused to eat anything on her plate.  Not the rice pilaf, which she usually  loves, and not her green beans.  Okay, I can understand her not wanting them, but everything else?  She almost pushed the plate onto the floor to tell me she didn't want it.  I have no idea what happened between the first piece of salmon and the second, but she didn't get much dinner last night.  Not for lack of trying on my part - she just did not want to eat, period.

She made up for it at dessert though.  She had ice cream cake, and she was a happy girl!  I also made strawberries and angel food cake, just in case someone didn't want the high calorie/sugar ice cream.  I even whipped cream and added Equal to it.  Alli got very excited when I brought out the mixer.  She got to lick the bowl a little bit - her favorite!  I didn't need to bother with making the berries and cake - no one ate them.  We did have whipped cream, berries  and chocolate sauce on the ice cream, but no one wanted the angel food cake.  I'll save it for today.  We still have strawberries left.

No comments: