Thursday, May 10, 2012

One more thing to cross off of my to-do list, really!  Tuesday, Ralph and I met with a personal trainer at Sun Oaks.  This has been on my to-do list for a long time.  I know I 'should' work out, every one does, but....where do you start?  We've been members at Sun Oaks for over a year, and we don't use it.  I was going to classes every once in a while, but stopped doing that last year.  I hope that meeting with a trainer, I can get an idea of what to do and how to do it.

We have a meeting again today for him to show me some exercises and machines.  I had a bit of a problem when we met defining goals for myself.  Personal training works best if you have measurable goals - I have none.  I don't need to loose weight, and I'm not inspired to train for a marathon or anything, I just want to feel healthier and stronger.  I want to be able to take care of Allison as long as I can.  Those goals are hard to measure.  My most quantitative goals would be to 'work out' 3 times a week.  Even that is pretty flimsy - what counts as a work out?  The trainer is just going to spend some time with me today, and then turn me loose.  Ralph is going to be signing up for continuing personal training.  I am hoping we both start the new habit of working out!!!

No comments: