Sunday, May 27, 2012

Noooooo!!!! Alli was up at 5:00 a.m.!  Silly girl - doesn't she know I wanted to sleep in?  (Probably, which is why she got up so early!)  Oh well - gives me time to do stuff around the house before everyone else gets up.

Here is the laminate that we are putting down - it almost matches the color of my tables, as a reference for those that have seen my house.  Ralph put the down payment on it yesterday, and they are coming out today at 9:00 a.m. to take the measurements.  I know it is going to go way over my budget I set for it, but...it needs to happen, and soon.  My budget already got blown out of the water by a couple of other items that unexpectedly came up - like new tires for Ralph's truck.


Here is the project the boys got started for me.  Ralph picked up the railroad ties and weed cloth on Friday,  Yesterday, AJ and I cleaned it up a bit - flattened the area where the ties will go, cut the edges in straight, etc.  Not only was I expecting Cindy to come at any time, but it started to rain, so we quit. It is ready for the next step - putting the cloth and ties down.  Then for the hard part - putting the rock in.


These rhododendrons are hiding on the back side of the guest house (at the end of the new rock area).  I never see them blooming, but they are so pretty!




No comments: