Monday, May 28, 2012

I'm done!!!I finished my first quilt!  (Notice there are no close-ups of the quilt, though)  I am proud of it, but I know I can do better, and have done better on the quilt top I'm working one now.  It is actually square - this one was not!


Koori wanted in the picture too!


They also came yesterday an measured for our new flooring.  All total, it is going to go over my original budget by about $800.  But, that will do the living room, dining room, hallway, and Allison's room - the worst of it.  The other rooms are just cosmetic, since they aren't used as much.  I just cleaned up where one of the cats had thrown up in the hallway.  Yes, I think I will like the carpets gone!!

I didn't get a lot more done yesterday.  Cindy and I chatted most of the morning away, and while she was gone to the party, I finished the quilt.  Then, it was time to fix dinner.  Cindy and Rachelle asked if I knew the words and tune for "Eye of the Tiger", so I spent most of the afternoon listening to songs from the 70's-80's on Pandora until it came on.  Talk about bring back a few memories!  I told Cindy it was probably a good thing I was the only one in the kitchen cooking - I was rocking out all by myself.  The days just fly when you're having fun, don't they?

I asked Alli if she wanted to go swimming yesterday, and she ran off to the bathroom to change.  I changed her into her suit, brushed her hair and braided it, and off we went.  She danced her way into the pool area, stepped down in to the water, splashed a bit, and stepped right back out.  It took me longer to get her ready to go swimming than she went swimming!  Her suit only got wet where she splashed it.  Rachelle wanted to go swimming after dinner, so she put her suit on and went in.  She didn't stay in too long, either.  She did get wet all the way, but she was blue and shivering when she got out.

No comments: