Saturday, May 26, 2012

I made it to the weekend!!!  What a fun filled week, literally!  I had something going every night last week but Friday.

Monday - book club.  Probably the best book club meeting yet.  We read The Hunger Games trilogy - great books.  Lots of animated discussion of the books, not as much about work this time.  Great food, a little bit of wine, and lot of good fun!  The only problem was that it was on Monday night.  That meant I stayed up too late!  It was also Ralph's first meeting with his personal trainer.  AJ had to babysit Alli since we were both gone at the same time.  His training went well - he seems pretty jazzed about it.

Tuesday - Scouts.  Tuesday was the free sports physicals for the boys (one of the parents' brother is a doctor and he donates the time to do the physicals - wonderful for the kids!!)  We have it at a home of a scout that happens to have a pool, and the boys get to swim after their physical.  AJ came along to lifeguard the boys for us.  The scouts are BBQ'ing for the Whiskeytown Regatta this weekend, so there was a bit of prep work going on by the parents during the meeting too.  It is usually a good fundraiser for us.  We'll see how it goes this year, since it decided to  cool down a bit (44 degrees outside right now!)

Wednesday - haircut.  My appointment was at 5:15, so I figured I'd have an early evening - not so much.  my hairdresser was running behind by about an hour.  I didn't get home until almost 7:00, and neither did Ralph, so dinner was at 8:00.  That means that I don't get out of the kitchen until close to 9:00 - another long day!  Ralph had his second day with the trainer, and was beat!

Thursday - Therapy appointment for Alli at 4:00 and then a nail appointment for me at 5:00.  Ralph came to Alli's therapy appointment with me, so he could take Alli home.  The therapy is to see what we can do with Allison's choking.  It is our first step, and we spent over an hour with the therapist just reviewing her history and then she gave her snacks to see how she eats now.  I left at 5:00, and she was still working with her.  We have no results yet from the appointment - hurry up and wait!!  Since I had the nail appointment, I got in late from that, and.....Friday was a birthday at work, so I baked a cake after I got in.  A yummy chocolate cake with chocolate fudgy stuff in the middle, topped with chocolate frosting.

Friday - pot luck lunch for the birthday girl.  I got assigned to bring a salad, so I was cooking taco meat at 5:00 a.m. (mostly because I forgot to get it cooked the night before!) and chopping up the stuff for the salad.  It turned out pretty tasty!

Add to all of this, work was jammin'!  We are short one person (vacation) and then we were bombarded with loans!  There is a big push on the loan officers to bring in new loans/new customers.  I asked my boss if he could politely ask them to stop for just a bit, so we could catch up???  He said 'no' very politely.  Bummer!  We did manage to catch up a bit by Friday, but I know all those loan docs we prepared this week will come up to be boarded next week.  I'll need my running shoes for sure!  I've been going in at 7:00 a.m. all of last week.  I'll probably have to continue to do that next week too.

Ralph spent yesterday running around - he was a busy boy!  We've been talking about putting in new flooring, and yesterday, he did the leg work, and found just what we were looking for at a price we can almost afford!  We are putting laminate in the living room, dining room, hallway and Alli's room.  I want to put new carpeting every where else, but....my budget won't cover that.  I'll just do it in parts and pieces.  He also picked up railroad ties and weed cloth for the backyard project, and....found a new pet (maybe).  The paper had a grey cockatoo at Haven Humane.  He's going to call today - he may have a new friend!  Talk about a busy boy!!!

The weekend if full of plans too - fun ones!  Cindy is coming in today to spend the weekend (note to self - get your butt moving and get the house cleaned!)  She is off to a retirement party tomorrow afternoon.  We also want to get the backyard ready for adding the rock.  For that, we need the cooperation of a couple of boys.  We'll see how far we get on that project.

No comments: