Sunday, May 13, 2012

Alex is pretty serious about getting me into shape!  He met up with me on Friday and worked out, and then yesterday, he talked me into going for a bike ride with him.  I tried to get out of it by saying it was too hot, but....it was a nice ride!  My bike had issues the last time I road it, and I had forgotten about them.  Until I tried to get started this time.  Bummer.  I ended up on AJ's bike, and he took his Dad's recumbent.  It was a beautiful ride - and it wasn't even that hot. One of the things I would like to do this summer is ride the Biz Johnson Trail from Westwood to Susanville.  It is about 25 miles, and going from Westwood to Susanville, it is mainly downhill!  I need to get the shifters on my bike replaced before then.  AJ's bike was okay to ride, but mine has a nice cushy seat that I really missed!

When we got back, AJ was a bit warmish, so we decided to try out the pool.  (Okay, he decided to try out the pool - I dabbled my feet in it - I'm not much of a cold water swimmer any more!)   I walked in the house and asked Alli if she wanted to go swimming, and she didn't need to be asked twice!  Don't tell me she has slow verbal processing skills - I only asked her once, and she was on her way to the bathroom to get changed.  She plunged right into the water, and AJ spent some time playing with her. It is so nice to see her interact with him.  She loves it when he pulls her through the water.



He was playing a modified patty cakes with her in the water.


Last night, AJ had me come see his 'cute kitten'.  He is awfully cute all curled up on the chair, and then I looked at the rest of the room.  You would never know that the table had been cleared off not that long ago, would you?  Boys!  At least the floor is still clean.


I only need to make the parts for one more bookmark, and then put together 8 of them.  I put one together yesterday morning for Meredith, and it went together pretty nicely!  The books we are reading for the book club this time are the Hunger Games trilogy, and this is the Mockingjay pin from the cover of the first book.  The mockingjay becomes a symbol of the revolution in the books, and I was very happy to find a pattern already created on Ravelry.  It is easy to make, and....I hope to get them all finished today.

No comments: