Friday, April 06, 2012

We made to Susanville yesterday, but not without a little angst. I forgot clothes in the washing machine that I needs to take (Alli's undershirts for her brace) so they weren't ready to be packed when I was ready to pack them. I also had to go it to town on my way out of town - I has forgotten my checkbook the night before when I had my haircut. AJ was supposed to take the check in when he went to have his hair. I'd yesterday morning but he forgot. I finally got everything packed up and ready to go and Alli and I headed in to drop off a check. When I got out of the car at the salon, I realized it still had my 'house shoes' on. They are real shoes, just not shoes I wanted to wear on my trip. I debated with myself anout going back home for other shoes, but I was just going to Susanville and I didn't want to waste the time or gas. Since we got such a late start, I stopped at McDonalds for lunch on the way out of town. Alli immediately grabbed a chicken nugget and choked, throwing up all over herself. That settled whether or not I was going to go back to the house for shoes. Not only did I need shoes, Alli needs a complete change of clothes. Finally, Alli and I got on the road - a lot later than I planned.

No comments: