Saturday, April 28, 2012

I'm procrastinating.  I have (almost) all of the parts made for the baby afghan, and have started sewing them on the fleece.  I'm taking a quick break - time for some chocolate and some ice tea!  I need to find my white yarn to make the clouds, and then I really will have all the parts made.  So far, so good - it looks okay on the fleece.  It is a lot easier to sew onto the fleece than a crocheted afghan. I do wish I had started it early enough to have done the whole thing, but....I didn't.  

I didn't take as many pictures the second day we were in DC (yes, ALL the picture up to now have been from the first day!!!)  The picture below of the Metro is late Sunday night, the rest are from Monday.  We decided, looking at the weather forecast, to do the outside things on Sunday, and do the museums on Monday.  Monday was supposed to be in the 90's.  Way too hot for us, since we were still used to the cool weather in Redding.  It turned out to be a good decision.  We spent the morning at the American History Museum (we saw the flag that inspired the Star Spangled Banner) and the afternoon at the Air and Space Museum.  Too much in either place to see in just a few hours, but we tried.  Our brains were on overload, so we caught the Metro to the ballpark, had dinner, and watched the Nationals play a game.  It was my first professional ball game - fun!!

Here is the Metro late on a Sunday night - I think we were pretty much the only people getting on at our stop.  Monday was a holiday in DC.


At the Air and Space Museum, they had a display for the P47 Thunderbolt - the plane that Ralph's Dad flew in WWII.  I don't see a lot of mention about it, and was surprised to see that it was credited in destroying more German fighters in the Spring on 1944 than the P51 Mustang.







Here we are at the ball park!









No comments: