Friday, April 27, 2012

I'm glad it's Friday - I need a break!  The week flew by, it was a busy one.  Work was hectic - we had auditors in (a normal occurrence any more - there are so many different agencies that come in that it seems like we always have one set either coming or going.) and they reviewed over 200 loan files in under 3 days.  What took so much time for me was that the files had to be arranged in a specific order.  The files were pulled from three offices and sent to us, and we had the pleasure of arranging them all.  The auditors left yesterday, so now we get to unravel everything and send the files back to their respective homes. We have another set of auditors coming in a couple of weeks, so we will get to start all over again.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  My new house-cleaner came this week, so the house still looks good - I hope to get some crafting time in this weekend.  My list of crafting to-do's is growing:

1)  Finish baby afghan for co-worker - she's due in less than 3 weeks!
2)  Bookmarks for the book club - we meet in a little over 3 weeks.  The books this time are the Hunger Games Trilogy, and I actually found a crochet pattern for the Mockingjay pin on line that I am converting to a book mark.  Too cute!!!  I have the prototype done for the most part.  Now I need to fine tune it a bit so it looks a little better!
3)  Finish the quilt I have started.
4)  Start the next quilt.  We meet in 2 weeks, and I haven't even started the next quilt!!!  
5)  I started a sweater for me while I was in DC - I need to pull that out and add some more rows to it.  
6)  Make some baby booties and toys to go along with the afghan that I don't have finished yet.
7)  Make some baby booties and toys to go along with an afghan that I do have finished.  That little girl is due in June.

I think I may be in trouble - there isn't enough time this weekend to do all of these, even if I don't have to clean house.  Since the weather is supposed to be nice, I would also like to get some more flowers planted outside.  I got the patio and pool area planted last week.  Now I need to plant the front area and the flower area.  Yep, I'm definitely out of time!

I pulled out another set of photos - the last of our first day of sightseeing.  The Jefferson Memorial:





The Vietnam Memorial - It was just turning dusk when we got there.




The Washington Memorial and the Capital lit at night.  I tried for a better picture, but....it just wasn't working for me.



The Memorial for the signers of the Declaration of Independence - it was fully dark by the time we made it here, so I couldn't get a good photo of the Memorial.

No comments: