Sunday, April 29, 2012

I have way under-estimated the time needed for the afghan!  I MIGHT get it finished today - we'll see.  I do need to put a back on it, so I will need a trip in to town for the material.  That's IF I get to that point.  Right now, I have probably 3/4 of the tree on.  I still need to put 40 or so leaves on, sew the giraffes, the grass, actually make the clouds, and then sew them on.  Probably not all happening today!!!  Oh well - it was a self-imposed deadline any way, so no harm, no foul, I just won't get it done.    We'll see how far I do get on it.  Maybe I'll surprise myself!

Here are pictures from Baltimore.  We didn't have a lot of time for sightseeing - we were actually working!  The conference kept us busy most of the time - from breakfast at 7:30 till dinner/entertainment until 9:30.  No wonder I was pooped when we got back.

This is the "Inner Harbor" of Baltimore, and the Constellation - the last sailing war ship.



Out in the harbor were the pedal boats - too much fun!  You could rent plain old pedal boats, but I didn't see many of them.



Wednesday night, dinner was at the National Aquarium.  It was closed to the public, so we have 'heavy  hors d'oeuvre' and all the wandering around the aquarium we wanted from 6:30 to 9:30.  The 'heavy  hors d'oeuvre' weren't that heavy - we walked back to the hotel afterwards (all of three blocks, I think) and stopped at Cheesecakes for dinner, we were still hungry!!  The aquarium was very cool - I had hoped to go there anyway/





We did wander around a bit when we first got in to town - the area around the Inner Harbor has all been redone so it looks old.  From what I understand, it used to be an area that no one wanted to go visit.




No comments: