Saturday, March 10, 2012

We got a call yesterday morning, Ralph's Aunt Inez died.  So sad, but not too unexpected.  She would have been 93 on her next birthday, and had been failing recently.  No services are planned at this time, but a Celebration of Life will be held later.

I'm off to quilting class today.  I even finished my homework!  Today we will get the last of the fabric for the quilt top, so I can finish the top, and then see what I need to do to actually put it together into a quilt.  I thought the quilting part was a bit daunting - now I have another unknown project on the horizon,  I think I'll be Googling that part of the project too.  I have found the best help for this quilt through Google.  Yes, I could have gone to the quilt shop for help, but....the time I needed the help was not a time that they were actually open.  The internet is always there, with videos and instructions.  I have to admit, I did find some sites that were not helpful at all - just because it is out there doesn't make it good!  I hope to get the top put together by next weekend, so I can take it to Susanville with me.  Mom's had a bit more experience with quilting - she should have a couple of good ideas for me!

No comments: