Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ralph made it home safe and sound last night, a little tired around the edges.  He got in around 9:30-10:00 or so - I didn't look.  I went to bed at 11:00, and he was still up, trying to unwind.  I'm sure he's sleeping in today!

AJ is house-sitting (really, he is dog-sitting, but the house comes along with everything) this weekend, and he asked me to get him some 'provisions'.  Sure - what do you want?  "Some corn dogs, Lucky Charms, Cheese-its and some cokes."  What a menu!  I had to pick up a few of the items (he had eaten all the corn dogs we had at the house already) so I told him I would drop stuff off to him after work on Friday.  While I was at the store, I texted and called him - did he remember to pick up the milk, Cheese-its and ketchup from home?  No answer.  I waited a bit - no answer.  So, Alli and I left Walmart (in the middle of the rain and wind - the things we do for our kids!) to drop stuff off.  We are almost at the house and the phone buzzes.  No, he had forgotten every thing at the house.  So....choices - go back to the store while I was still in town and get stuff I already had at home, or go home and come back in to town to give him the stuff he had forgotten?  We ran by home, picked up milk, Cheese-its, and ketchup (I felt a bit funny walking out my door carrying three odd items to my car...what would you do with just those three things, I'm sure the neighbors would be wondering) and running back in to town with them.  AJ is house-sitting on the south end of town, so it wasn't as far a drive as it could have been, but still.  Alli and I got home from work/daycare at 6:30 last night. Talk about a long day!  I still needed to make dinner for her, too!  I didn't hear anything from AJ last night, so I'm sure he is doing fine.  He is planning on showing up for dinner tonight - the corn dogs are just for lunch and snacks.

No comments: