Sunday, March 18, 2012

It was a nice sunny day here yesterday, and I was feeling guilty for not going to Susanville.  Here's what the road looked like this morning:

Lassen

Maybe I shouldn't fee TOO guilty!  There is 'weather' between here and there - just not weather at either place.

So far, I haven't done anything this morning but cruise the internet.  I should have started laundry, fixed breakfast, taken a shower, etc., but instead, I've been viewing videos for putting my quilt together, and looking for a new baby afghan pattern.  I wanted to order the Jungle Buddies pattern from Mary Maxim's website (I've long drooled over it, but couldn't convince myself I needed it) but  now that I decided I DO need it, it is on back order.  It figures!  I may have been pushing it time-wise anyway, since it is for a baby due in May, so now I need to come up with a different plan.  I still have the pattern for the safari baby quilt - I just wanted something different this time.  Here I am, planning the next baby afghan, and I haven't finished the one I have started!  I have a pink afghan almost done - just the edging is left.  Focus - I need to focus!  I'm planning too far in advance - I'll never get anyting finished that way!

I do plan on putting at least some time in on the quilt today.  I picked up most of the supplies I need yesterday, but the videos recommend clear thread - and I picked up a contrasting thread.  I can get started at least - I can get it pinned together.  I may quilt with the green thread - but clear thread would make it much less visible that I don't know what I am doing!  (It would make it harder to rip out, too I think, when I inevitably mess up!)  Decisions, decisions!

No comments: