Monday, March 19, 2012

I was checking the hourly weather forecast yesterday, and it said rain would be moving in for the afternoon - around 3:00 or so.  I thought to myself - why don't I take the dogs for a walk early then?  About 12:30, the dogs and I went for a walk.  Guess what - you got it - it started to rain while we were out.  I didn't mind the rain, but then it hailed....really?  It didn't rain or hail hard - the dogs still had fun, and I got a bit of fresh air - all is good!






Here is my quilt - getting ready to get quilted - the first pin is in!


 Then - I really started pinning:




I got 149 pins in  the quilt (the package had 150, and I found one on the floor when I finished - really, I didn't count them as I put them in!!)

And then - I actually started sewing:


I did go in to town and get some invisible thread.  It does hide my mistakes, but is is also hard to correct, just as I thought.  Oh well - this is my 'learning' quilt.  I'm already re-thinking how I should be quilting it, but....since I've started it this way, I will continue with it.  I know now why having the free arm machines are so nice.  This is a small quilt, and it is hard to maneuver it around as I sew.  Now...I'm worried about the binding!  I need to figure out how to stop worrying about things before I get to them.

No comments: