Saturday, January 07, 2012

Well, I did it now - I signed up for the quilting classes on Thursday on my lunch, and then at lunch on Friday, I bought 4 more skeins of yarn.  What was I thinking?  More yarn?  But they look so fun!  One is a ruffle yarn - the yarn is a ribbon about 1 1/2 inches wide.  I played with it last night, and I like the look of it.  It is slow to work with though.  I'll hopefully get faster as I get used to it.  One skein is really soft, black with colored baubles in it - it should be perfect for a scarf!  The other two are for a hat I need to make for a co-worker, I couldn't decide which one to try.

I am almost done with the baby afghan - that must be a record for me.  I started it the day after Christmas, and I only have 5 or 6  more inches to add to it, and then figure out a border.  I do plan to make some booties to go with it, so the present isn't finished yet, but....I'm getting there!

Today needs to be a major housecleaning day.  The Christmas tree still needs to come down (I undecorated it last weekend, but it is still up) and AJ has a couple of friends in for an over-night part.  His birthday is Monday, so tonight is his 'party'.  Not a big party, pizza and soda and the guys over.  Not much different than any other weekend, except for the pizza.

No comments: