Thursday, January 19, 2012

We had our book club meeting last night - we read The Book of Lost Things this time - a good book, but one I think I would have enjoyed more as a 13 year old.  The meeting was fun, but it has already been a long week, and I need some down time!  Tonight I can (hopefully) relax, but....I'm off to Susanville this weekend, weather permitting.  Since there are chain restriction right now, and the storm is supposed to get heavier today, we'll see if I make it.  It won't break my heart not to drive through the snow to get there, but I enjoy my visits - just not the snow!!!  The last trip wasn't a lot of fun - I think it took almost 4 hours to get there.

I was watching Allison eat breakfast this morning, when I noticed that there was a school bus parked outside.  It was 6:15, and not her regular bus!  I went out and told the substitute bus driver that Alli would be a few more minutes, since she was a bit early!  They had given the sub the 'old' schedule - the one where Alli was picked up at 6:05, not at 6:30.  Poor thing.  She had probably been sitting out there for 10 minutes before I noticed her there (I don't usually look out the window that time of the morning - it too dark to see anything!)  We got Alli all fed and teeth brushed, and ready for the bus by about 6:20, so she was early for her next stop, but that would give her time to find the house in the dark.

No comments: