Sunday, January 08, 2012

It's all Allison's fault!  I would have finished the baby afghan, but she came and snuggled up on the couch with me and fell asleep.  What could I do - I had to nap too!  Yes, I realize I could have continued crocheting, and even turned the TV off of Pokemon to a movie while she napped, but.....I'm still blaming it on her!  I can't even complain that I was that tired.  She let me sleep in until 7:00 on Saturday, and all I did was more normal chores for the day - I had no excuse, but I did have a good nap!  I even went to bed early last night, and slept until 6:00,  Maybe today I can finish something?

Not only did I not finish the afghan, I started three other projects.  One is a hat - only two more rounds to go, but I was nodding off last night, so I'll finish it today.  One is the scarf from the new yarn - I'm not planning on finishing it any time soon.  The other is a bookmark planned for my book club this month,  I couldn't think of a 'theme' for the book, so I asked the person the chose the book what she thought, and we decided to try to make a tree.  I started it while Alli was in my lap, so I used the only thread within reach - a blue variegated. It does sort of look like a tree, but the color doesn't help!  The pattern needs some refinement.  I'll post pictures later, when there is more light.  I have teenage boys sleeping on both couches, so I've kept all the light off this morning.  (AJ's birthday party).  They'll be waking up when I start making breakfast, I'm sure.

No comments: