Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year to all!  Not that last year was a bad year, but here's hoping next year is better!  I didn't make any resolutions last year, and am not really making any this year, but....I've got some ideas of things I should do!  One of my "not a resolution" resolution - to either finish all my craft projects, or if I'm not going to ever finish it, get rid of it.  

A list of unfinished projects that I can think of, right off the top of my head:

1 baby blanket
1 pair of baby booties (both due by the end of January)
2 hats (due by middle of February)
Alli's ripple afghan (this one may be one that goes away - I found out I don't like making a ripple afghan.  I may just take the yarn, which I do like, and turn it into a different afghan.)
Faux fox stole
Pink purse
Cat picture afghan
Multiples of scarves - the yarn is purchased, but scarves aren't made
Lots of doilies and snowflakes from my Yahoo! crochet groups that are waiting for me.

Finishing a project - whether a craft project, a cleaning project, or even an organizing project, feel so good, that I really should plan and finish more things.


I finished up this doily last night, and blocked it over night.  I think this is the first doily I have finished since October.  I also spent some time looking for patterns for a new bookmark for my book club.  I'm thinking of making ice skates (with a paper clip as the blade) this month.  

No comments: