Monday, December 12, 2011

So far, so good - the dogs and I have gone for a walk every day so far on my vacation.  Of course, that is just three days, but hey - it is better than nothing!  Yesterday, everyone else was out with their dogs, too.  Not just out in the fields, but out in their yards, and there were a couple of loose dogs roaming around, too.  They were nice, sweet (fat and lazy) dogs, but still, I didn't want to get them mixed up with my two.  I never know how Koori and Jasper are going to react.  Koori tends to get a bit snippy when she gets scared, and Jasper can get a bit too protective.  We went on a longer walk than normal to avoid dogs and people yesterday.  The sky had a slight overcast - perfect for a picture!


I made a hat yesterday - one that I had a request for.  I think it turned out really cute.  Not my type of hat (it musses my hair!) but really cute for someone else - in this case, a teenager.  Unfortunately, I used my i-phone for the picture, and I forgot that I can't rotate the picture after it's taken.  So.....you get a sideways view!  


I also made up some more gloves, and another scarf.  Not bad, in between all the laundry and cooking and cleaning and a walk!  Today is a shopping day, I think.  I need to go pick up the baking supplies, and hopefully most of the presents that I will be buying.  It would be nice to be done!  I've ordered Alli's 'big' present, and it should be here in a few days.  It isn't even a 'big' present, but it should be one that she really likes.  I found a 10-disc set of Pokemon on DVD - celebrating their 10 year anniversary, so it has (hopefully) a lot of the older series on it.  They seem to he her favorite.  The DVD's that I recorded won't play on any other machine (I have no idea what I did, but what ever it was, I did it good) so we need to start getting her some replacements, since I know this machine will not last forever.

No comments: